Sunday, November 14, 2010

What the hell was I thinking! Oh yeah it was love at first sight....



Well as we started to take Coralee apart it has now become apparent that the old girl needs most of her wood replaced. She was definitely built very late in the day on a Friday. What the hell were they thinking!  I don't do wood, but even I know that corners and joints need to match up. And what the hell is with using strips of particle board as a spacer. Someone must have needed a beer bad. She has been jack knifed in the front and somewhere along the line hit in the rear lightly. Most of her wood below her windows is rotted. I'm not real sure what held her together. Must have been dumb luck.It's a very good thing my dad is a patient man, and very good with wood. All he can do is look at Coralee, shake his head and say " This is going to take a while". Yep she's going to take a while. I was prepared for that, but I think I was the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment